What Areas Can Be Treated with Microneedling?
The face is the most common site for Microneedling as it often shows prominent signs of aging due to constant exposure to harmful elements and conditions. However, since the treatment can be customizable, based on the areas to be treated and your cosmetic goal, you may also experience Microneedling on the following sites:
- Arms and armpit
How is Microneedling Performed?
Before the treatment, topical anesthesia is applied to manage any pain that may arise during the procedure. A small amount of water may also be applied to allow the derma roller to glide over your skin. Studio 48 Med Spa staff provides Microneedling with PRP treatment. We use a Dermaroller, a handy tool that resembles a rolling pin covered with small, fine needles that creates the micro-punctures on the treatment sites. The cream is then applied that will induce the production of collagen, which will fill in the spaces between the fine lines and wrinkles.
A session typically lasts for about 30 minutes or less. Depending on the number of treatment sites and your aesthetic goals, you may need to undergo four to six sessions with a one-month interval between each treatment.
Downtime for Microneedling is minimal. The redness and mild inflammation that you may experience after each session is normal and will typically resolve within 12 to 48 hours.
Your attending aesthetician will provide you with aftercare instructions. Additionally, you must follow the steps below to prevent any complications:
- Avoid taking any inflammatory medications as it may impede the natural healing processes stimulated by the procedure
- Avoid picking or scratching the treatment sites to prevent aggravating them further
- Keep treated areas, especially the face, moisturized as you may experience some dryness and flaking after Microneedling
- Postpone or avoid any strenuous activities that would cause you to perspire extensively for at least 24 hours
- Apply a cold compress on the treated sites to ease any tenderness and mild irritations
- Avoid being exposed to the sun for about three to ten days
How Long Would Results Last?
Within 48 to 72 hours, collagen production will increase, and immediate results will be observable within four weeks. Results from Microneedling may last for several years; however, you may need to undergo a maintenance regimen after six months to sustain the outcome. Maintenance treatment will depend on the condition of your skin, including its type and the severity of its condition.
What are the Benefits of Microneedling?
After a Microneedling treatment, you may observe changes that include:
- Fresh-looking and plumper skin
- Thicker, tauter, and smoother skin
- Improved skin hydration and circulation
- Reduction of scar tissues, hyperpigmentation, and other similar skin problems
Am I A Candidate for Microneedling?
Anyone in good health who desires to revitalize their skin is an ideal candidate for Microneedling. However, you are advised not to undergo the procedure if you have any of the following conditions:
- Immune system-related problems like eczema and psoriasis
- Solar Keratosis
- Elevated moles
- Active acne
- Keloid Scars
Additionally, diabetics or patients currently on blood thinners must not undergo Microneedling. This procedure can aggravate their condition and lead to complications. Likewise, it should not be done in areas where there is an open or raised wound.
If you are currently located in the Greater Phoenix area and are interested in undergoing treatment of Microneedling, you can contact us to arrange for your consultation today!
*The content and images on this page are provided with the sole intention of educating potential patients on the procedure discussed above. Results vary per individual and are dependent on our doctor’s consultation prior to the procedure. We strongly recommend undergoing a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon prior to scheduling and undergoing any surgical or non-surgical treatment.